Terms and Conditions
Designer Custom Cakes
Deposit and Terms of Payment
To commence cake production we require a 50% non-refundable deposit based on the agreed quote and all art work and design approved by the client. The remaining balance is due and payable at least 2 weeks prior to collection or delivery. Your order is not confirmed until we have received your signed contract and 50% non-refundable deposit.
Payment can be made by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) cash, cheque or credit card (Visa, Amex, or Mastercard). Cake orders placed with less than two weeks notice require payment in full by credit card at the time of ordering. Deposits are non-refundable.
*Please note all EFT payments need to be received before cakes are released.
Event dates are held for you through the date of your appointment or quote, and five (5) business days afterwards.
If we do not receive a signed contract and 50% deposit within five (5) business days of appointment or quote, your date may become unavailable.
Design/Tasting appointments are held for most, but not all, cake orders. There is a non-refundable $100 deposit required for appointments, payable by credit card. The $100 deposit will be deducted from the final cost of your cake.
Every effort will be made by Planet Cake to fulfill the expectations of the client as understood by the consultant and you will receive a sketch or photo reference. However due to the subjectivity of the work and the different decorators involved there may be slight variations. There are also structural limitations when using cake as a sculptural medium. As a consequence Planet Cake will need to make certain decisions during the process of manufacture that may affect the style of decoration, proportion or structure of the cake.
Cancellations & Deposits
If you cancel your order, your balance payment is refundable minus an administration fee of $100 provided Planet Cake is notified at least five (5) business days prior to the event. There is no payment refund on orders canceled within five (5) business days of the event.
In order for a full refund to be granted Planet Cake requests that the cake in question either be photographed (in the case of interstate and overseas deliveries) or returned to Planet Cake for inspection. Any other complaint not covered by the ‘Fair Trading Act 1987 No. 68’ will be subject to our customer service policy with remedies at the discretion of management.
Appointment booking fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Appointments: As part or our service we offer a 1 hour appointment with a cake designer so that we can completely attend to your requirements. A $100 booking fee applies and will be deducted from your final balance should you wish to proceed with the cake. You will meet with a Planet Cake designer who will sketch your design and you will receive a sample box of cake flavours to take home. Additional appointments over and above this initial appointment will be charged at $50 per appointment.
Designs/Changes: All clients are entitled to a design sketch as part of our sales offering, post deposit you are entitled to one set of changes and a final sketch/design without incurring further charges. However additional designs/sketches and changes will incur additional charges of $50 per sketch.
Planet Cake will make every effort to care for and return reference materials provided by the client in order to facilitate cake decoration and design. However Planet Cake will not accept financial liability for the materials in cases of loss or damage (unless covered by our existing insurance policy).
Every measure is taken by our Artists to ensure that your figurines are made to the highest standard; however they are made from icing and Styrofoam and as a result are very fragile. We are happy to provide care instructions for your figurines and if cared for properly they will last for years; however we do not accept any liability for your figurines once they have been removed from the cake we do not operate a figurine hospital due to the huge number of figurines we make (photo evidence required when figurines break whilst on the cake).
GST is applicable on all quoted prices and will be clearly itemised on your quote and invoice.
It is unfortunate that we must now include this clause, it only is applicable to very few clients, however Planet Cake will not tolerate ‘Bridezilla’ or ‘Groomzilla’ behaviour. This includes excessive emails (over 15), excessive phone calls, rudeness to Planet Cake staff, and abnormal irrational behaviour. Planet Cake is a high end couture cake decorator; we pride ourselves on our service and aim to give you the best service possible. If clients cannot abide by our normal code of conduct and engage in any of the behaviour listed above we reserve the right to terminate the cake order subject to the cancellation conditions listed.
Shipping Policy - Returns & Refunds
Your happiness is our number one priority at Planet Cake. If you receive a cake that is damaged or faulty, we will happily replace it for you.
- When you collect your cake from our store in Balmain or when your online cake is delivered, you will be asked to inspect the cake for any obvious damage.
- In the event that you receive a defective or damaged cake, a replacement will be dispatched (subject to dates) once we receive the original cake back (in its entirety), at our cost. We reserve the final right to determine if a cake is actually faulty or damaged.
- Delivery fees are non-refundable. Please ensure that all original items including packaging are returned. It is your responsibility to ensure the goods are adequately packaged to ensure that they are not damaged during return transit.
- Cancelled cakes will attract an administration fee of $100. Cancellation 5 days or less prior to the scheduled booking date will require full payment.
- Every effort will be made by Planet Cake to match the designs on our website. However due to the subjectivity of the work and the different decorators involved there may be slight variations. There are also structural limitations when using cake as a sculptural medium. As a consequence Planet Cake will need to make certain decisions during the process of manufacture that may affect the style of decoration, proportion or structure of the cake.
- For complaints made about cakes after the confirmation a goods form has being signed Planet Cake requests that the cake in question either be photographed or returned to Planet Cake for inspection. Any other complaint not covered by the 'Fair Trading Act 1987 No. 68' will be subject to our customer service policy with remedies at the discretion of management.
- Figurines - every measure is taken by our Artists to ensure that your figurines are made to the highest standard; however they are made from icing and Styrofoam and as a result are very fragile. We are happy to provide care instructions for your figurines and if cared for properly they will last for years; however we do not accept any liability for your figurines once they have been removed from the cake (photo evidence required when figurines break whilst on the cake). .
If you wish to complain about any aspect of our service, please e-mail us at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions (General)
- Planet Cake Pty Ltd
ABN: 51 161 440 268
- Please do not mail or fax originals of online orders as this may result in duplicated dispatches and charges.
- All prices displayed on the Planet Cake website are in Australian AUD$ and include GST.
- All orders require a minimum of 10 working days notice and are subject to date availability - please check our online calendars for availability before making your booking. If cakes are NOT available for the date you require you will be notified via email and given the option of a different date.
- Planet Cake reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
- Payment by MasterCard or Visa in Australian dollars only.
WWW.PLANETCAKE.COM.AU has provided this information so that you can be aware of your rights and also the Terms and Conditions surrounding the use of this site.
Planet Cake ("Site Owner") maintains this site (the "Site") for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial; personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report or use the contents of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio or video without the Site Owner's written permission.
Your access and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreement between you and Site Owner are superseded and of no force or effect.
You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used without the written permission of Site Owner. Site Owner neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Site Owner.
While Site Owner uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, Site Owner neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Site Owner.
Your use and browsing of the Site is at your own risk. Neither Site Owner nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provide to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Site Owner also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Images of people or places displayed in the Site are either property of, or used with permission by, Site Owner. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorised by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere in the Site. Any unauthorised use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Site Owner and others. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of Site Owner or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content of the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You're also advised that the Site Owner will aggressively enforce its intellectual property right to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
Site Owner has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
The Site Owner is not liable for any damages that may occur from the use or misuse of the products sold on the Site.
Planet Cake may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.